Re: Balloon fight for grade 6 students

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I'm thinking of small airplane servos. You can get them from parallax.com. They run off a four-battery pack.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 11:46 AM Jules Hojnowski <jah1690@...> wrote:
Oh ok, i just remembered the servo we made and put on was more than a few ozs :)

Jules

From: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io> on behalf of L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2021 1:39:08 PM
To: GPSL@groups.io <GPSL@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [GPSL] Balloon fight for grade 6 students

Servos are only a few ounces. A PICAXE or BASIC Stamp is easy to program and has a command specifically for servos.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 11:09 AM Jules Hojnowski <jah1690@...> wrote:
That is a great idea, but would that not make a lot of extra weight?

And i think making servos would be very labour intensive? I have not seen any ready mady tiny ones to buy. Just a thought.

Jules