Re: Historical data

Luis Eduardo Pacheco

The balloons I refer to were never flying so low (2.900 feet) Don't know if it was a typo or not in your message but they moved between 60.000 and 70.000 ft well above air traffic.

The wind can be tricky. You can have no wind on the surface and 5.000 feet above a 80 mph wind. Or even wind moving in opposite directions according to the altitude.

These balloons as occur with the Project Loon balloons can be steered in some way by choosing the altitude. They can hover over an area of interest. That makes sense as the balloons launched from Cumberland in June 2019 were part of a DARPA surveillance program.

Cheers

Luis E.Pacheco / Editor
lep@...

StratoCat - History and present of the use of stratospheric balloons in the fields of science, military and aerospace
https://stratocat.com.ar/indexe.html

El vie, 12 feb 2021 a las 14:30, Margie Kay (<momufonasd@...>) escribió:
Thank you for the information, Luis. Can these types of balloons remain stationary at 2,900 feet for hours?  I thought they moved with the wind.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 10:34 AM Luis Eduardo Pacheco <stratocat.iespana.es@...> wrote:
Hi Margie.

I think you are looking for information on the two white objects that appeared that day in the city.

The probable origin were two Thunderhead balloons of the three launched from Cumberland (Maryland) the previous day which crossed the US from east to west.

The flight information I have is the following:

HBAL0289 - A27A9E - N259TH - Launch 18/06/2019 - 1:00 utc - Cumberland (MD) - Landed ~ 1:30 utc 25/6/2019 - 10 Miles SW of Cottonwood, California
HBAL0290 - A280AE - N260TH - Launch 18/06/2019 - 1:30 utc - Cumberland (MD) - Landed ~ 11:00 utc 26/6/2019 - Near Canby, California
HBAL0291 - A25CE6 - N251TH - Launch 18/06/2019 - 2:30 utc - Cumberland (MD) - Landed ~15:00 utc 25/6/2019 - 10 Miles NE of Paskenta, California

If you have at MUFON a Flight Radar 24 Gold Account or Business Account (you must have one, believe me) with the numbers marked in red and the callsign (HBALXXXX) you will be able to reconstruct the flight path of the balloons to confirm the sighting.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Luis E.Pacheco / Editor
lep@...

StratoCat - History and present of the use of stratospheric balloons in the fields of science, military and aerospace
https://stratocat.com.ar/indexe.html

El vie, 12 feb 2021 a las 12:58, Margie Kay (<momufonasd@...>) escribió:
Where can I find historical data for balloon launches?  Looking for June 20, 2019 over Kansas City, Missouri from 2 pm to 9 pm.

Thank you!

--
Margie Kay

Missouri MUFON Assistant State Director
Webmaster - Newsletter Editor - Education
Kansas City, Missouri
816-833-1602 (office)

--
Margie Kay

Missouri MUFON Assistant State Director
Webmaster - Newsletter Editor - Education
Kansas City, Missouri

OZ UFO Conference June 5-6, 2021​

816-833-1602 (office)