Re: Cutdown device?

Michael Hojnowski

Joe,

That's awesome!  Thanks so much for making those measurements!  That'll really help with my planning.

Thanks again!
Mike / KD2EAT

On 11/24/2020 11:49 AM, Chief Surfer via groups.io wrote:
Hello Mike!

Using a FET would be pretty cool!

I set up my cutdown for the current measurement.  I used my DMM on the 20 A scale.  When I made the connection, the DMM spiked around 5 A.  After a several seconds, it settled in around 4.25 A.

The cutdown power supply for the nichrome is three Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries.  The energized length of nichrome is about 3/4 inch.  I used 26 AWG nichrome 80.

Joe