Life in the Stratosphere?

Larry

We are thinking about what project we want to take on this winter  We have considered streaming video from the balloon.  I really liked that idea but no one else did.

So now we are thinking about attempting to capture bacteria in the stratosphere.  Has anyone done this?  From what we seem to be able to find it has been done very seldom.  We have access to a MD and a biochemist who are helping and we have read  4 or 5 papers from groups who have done it.  From talking with the biochemist I kind of sense there are textbook solutions to some of the problems of ensuring sterility.

Or dealing with the small amount of "life" we might find.

Larry
KJ6PBS