Re: Hydrogen regulators?

Graham

hydrogen cylinders and regulators use a CGA-350 connector.

A search using your favourite search engine will find many more references.

As long as the regulator has the correct inlet PSI rating  ( ie 3000 psi ) and has the correct connector  ( i.e. CGA-350 ) then all should be good.

The regulator at the link provided noted  a max inlet pressure of 3000 psi, a cga-350 connection and a 9/16"-18 LH outlet connector as I would expect as it is being sold as a hydrogen regulator.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:25 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
They key is for H2 is left hand thread. AND even for safety the pressure it can take. that one looks good in both cases.

NOW the one we have been using 30+ years of flights, been using H2 from first flight every flight.

But ours was not specified for H@, but some other Gas.

the thing is tho the left thread and the pressure capability.

The NOT spec'ed H2 was given to us, so cost?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 7/29/2020 4:56 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
This one looks adjustable. I spent far less at my local welding shop for a regulator with fixed settings.

Are you asking for an adjustable regulator? I think mine is permanently set for 30 PSI exit (outlet?) pressure.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, 3:47 PM Larry <larry.phegley@...> wrote:
I keep having to ask you questions.  Well I appreciate your help anyway.  So we are  trying to shift over to hydrogen and the local welding supply place wants $500 for a regulator.  Yet I see this $93 dollar regulator on line.

Why should I not spend $93 instead of $500?

Larry