Re: Superpressure balloon valve / was Re: [GPSL] K5NOT-11 WSPR Balloon Failure

Mark Conner N9XTN

I searched my Gmail archive and there are fragments of a discussion on this topic based on an ARBONET balloon flight in the summer of 2010 which may have measured this.  There may even have been a GPSL presentation that summer on it.  If you look in the archived messages from ~June-Sept 2010 you may find something.

GPSL 2010 was in Hutchinson KS.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 7:40 PM Dennis Klipa - N8ERF <klipadk@...> wrote:
I am curious.  Many of us have measured the atmospheric pressure versus altitude.  I have wanted to, but haven't, measured the pressure inside the latex balloon as it rises.  Has anyone measured the pressure differential (inside vs outside) of the latex balloon as a function of altitude?  How much difference are we talking about trying to control with this valve.  If the balloon were a fixed volume you could do the calculation, but the latex balloons are not.

Best Regards,
Dennis Klipa, N8ERF