Photo size setting for attachments

Mark Conner N9XTN

Hank N1LTV made me aware of a limitation for the free tier for groups.io.  We have a max of 1 Gb of total storage for attachments, photos, and files.  At the moment we are using about 330 Mb.

The default group setting was for unlimited image size for attachments.  However, allowing that will rapidly eat into our free tier storage if people post multi-megapixel images.  To postpone hitting the size limit, I've set the group to resize all photos to a max of 1024x1024 pixels.  With JPEG compression that should allow the list to contain a few thousand images before we hit the wall.

If you would like to exchange hi-res images, you can link to other sharing sites or share them one-on-one off list.

There does not appear to be a way to inhibit large file attachments, so please don't send large files to the list - use a link to another service if possible.  If we approach the limits for the group, we'll have to go back and purge messages with large attachments from the archive.

73 de Mark N9XTN
GPSL list owner