Re: Joanne's email anyone? Friday latex balloon recovery map

Tim C KC8ZNJ

DId you come up with a projected landing site?   since we know where that actually was at today...   let's see how close you were.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Timothy Cathcart <tim.cathcart@...> wrote:
Joanne should have already made the pick up on this.... The local Fire Dept was contacted that they used it as a mock training  SAR type of activity....

I spoke to her about an hour ago and was at the local BBQ place picking up lunch for those folks and was heading to pick up the payload.

She did mention the FD folks said they found it about 25 FT up in a pine tree....

Awesome recovery.

cheers!

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:26 PM Hank Riley via groups.io <n1ltv=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have done a custom map to help make the recovery of the KM6BWB Friday latex balloon go quickly and easily.  Last APRS was south of Bakersfield, CA.

Sent a couple of emails containing the mapping to the best email I could find fairly quickly; it was from a teacher and/or ARISS webpage.

If anyone has a direct email address for her, please email me.  It would be nice if she gets this map today or tomorrow.  Maybe she herself will see this request.

Hank