GPSL 2020 less than two weeks away

Mark Conner N9XTN

GPSL 2020 is inexorably approaching - we're now under two weeks away.

Our current plan is to open the Zoom session around 0830 CDT on Friday to give people a little time to test and diagnose Zoom issues with attendees and speakers.  We'll start at 9 and have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon break plus about 45 minutes for lunch, and we should wrap up around 4pm CDT.  We'll leave the session "open" at breaks and lunch for people to ask follow-up questions or to kibitz with others, similar to what happens IRL.  Exact timing and speaker order is TBD, but I should have that by next weekend.

On Saturday we will open a Zoom session around 0830 CDT, about 30 min before launch time, and let people "broadcast" their launch.  Mike KD2EAT will be moderating and monitoring for any Zoom issues.  I will be contacting those launching balloons Saturday to see if there is a preferred time to get together to share flight stories afterwards.

If you've forgotten to register, please do so at https://superlaunch.org and click on the registration link about midway down the page.  We will distribute the URLs to registered attendees a day or two prior to the 10th.  We have just over 60 registrations and have room for plenty more.