Re: Four HiBalls over AZ

Hank Riley

Jack,

You sent to the old, deprecated but still running Yahoogroup list.  I think you meant to post to the new GPSL at GPSL@groups.io.

https://groups.io/g/GPSL

There are actually five balloons flying in total and they all belong to Loon, an Alphabet (Google) subsidiary attempting to bring internet service to residents of sparsely populated regions of the US.

Hank

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 11:30:12 AM EDT, 'Jack Crabtree' jscra@... [GPSL] <gpsl-noreply@...> wrote:

Using ADS-B with my SDR, I am tracking 4 high altitude balloons, HBAL 193, 194, 202, 204 over Arizona. They are all floating at about 57K feet drifting at 8-10 kts. I verified they can be seen at the AirNav Radar Box website. I am assuming they are part of the WorldView balloon test program.  A couple of the balloons are near Wickenburg, AZ while the most northern balloon is near Wikeup, AZ.

Jack Crabtree, W7JLC