Re: The properties of latex / was Re: [GPSL] COVID-19 and GPSL

Joe WB9SBD

I was just wondering what the tensile strength on the average actually was. So then even when fully inflated how much pressure it could actually generate before failing.

I had all the formulas for pressure vs diameter skin effect it was a pretty complex formula,

Funny thing was my bench tests came in very very close to the tests that someone made with a pressure gauge!

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/22/2020 8:36 PM, Hank Riley via Groups.Io wrote:
Joe,

When you say "many many" I'm curious why you did those tests?  Any special reason other than curiosity?

Do you have any tables or graphs you could provide, or write up for this list?

Hank

On 3/22/2020 3:29 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:

We have tension tested many many samples of latex