Re: COVID-19 and GPSL

stan siems

Here is a link to one of our flights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HBDzHZDvU

On 3/21/2020 9:32 AM, stan siems wrote:

Do any of you make your own hydrogen? The gas companyhere will not sell it to me They say It's to dangerous, lp gas is more dangerous then hydrogen!

On 3/21/2020 9:26 AM, stan siems wrote:

Ok  I thought that was what it was I have done many of these using a tyt radio as a cross band repeater last one did 118k ft but our package was stolen. We had people that witnessed some one picking  it up. Lost about $1500 in equipment , It had 3 cameras ,tyt radio, radiation recorder, usb battery, heater and tracking aprs data recorder. I do have another balloon on hand with enough Helium to fill it . Have new cameras and tracker  we were going to launch last spring at the ceder valley ham fest but the weather beat me. There  a you tube videos  of our flights where the cameras recorded the communications . I will see If I can find them .

Thanks Stan

On 3/21/2020 8:53 AM, BASE_DePauw wrote:
Stan,

EBBE is short for Earth-Balloon-Balloon-Earth radio transmission link.  A ground based amateur radio operator contacts a distant operator using two high altitude balloons with repeater radios to extend the range of radio contact.  It allows for contact over the horizon, which normally is not possible for many radio frequencies.

Howard, KC9QBN
BASE_DePauw

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 9:42 AM stan siems <ssiems@...> wrote:

what is EBBE flight?

On 3/20/2020 10:58 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I don't have a lot of help here, so I may want to travel and launch with a group. That all depends of course how the situation looks this summer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:42 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
I propose, everyone we have the virtual meeting online using one of the many programs that do that sort of thing.

The when it comes to launch day we all launch from our usual launch sites.

I'd still love do do our EBBE flight, but have yet to find a willing partner group to try it.

Joe WB9SBD
Near Space Sciences

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/20/2020 10:58 AM, Keith Kaiser, WA0̷TJT wrote:
HamSCI is in the middle of a Zoom workshop right now. Its working great and I think we should make GPSL 2020 a virtual set of presentations with a coordinated launch on Saturday.

Keith, WA0̷TJT