Re: COVID-19 and GPSL

Joe WB9SBD

Two balloons separated far enough apart that only they can see eachother and signal goes say from Wisconsin ground station to the Wisconsin Balloon to the Colorado balloon to the Colorado ground station and visa versa.

If the radio horizion for each balloon is say 400 miles, and they can talk to eachother, in theory two ground stations 1600 miles apart should be able to talk to eachother.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/21/2020 8:42 AM, stan siems wrote:

what is EBBE flight?

On 3/20/2020 10:58 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I don't have a lot of help here, so I may want to travel and launch with a group. That all depends of course how the situation looks this summer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:42 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
I propose, everyone we have the virtual meeting online using one of the many programs that do that sort of thing.

The when it comes to launch day we all launch from our usual launch sites.

I'd still love do do our EBBE flight, but have yet to find a willing partner group to try it.

Joe WB9SBD
Near Space Sciences

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/20/2020 10:58 AM, Keith Kaiser, WA0̷TJT wrote:
HamSCI is in the middle of a Zoom workshop right now. Its working great and I think we should make GPSL 2020 a virtual set of presentations with a coordinated launch on Saturday.

Keith, WA0̷TJT