Re: COVID-19 and GPSL

BASE_DePauw

Stan,

EBBE is short for Earth-Balloon-Balloon-Earth radio transmission link.  A ground based amateur radio operator contacts a distant operator using two high altitude balloons with repeater radios to extend the range of radio contact.  It allows for contact over the horizon, which normally is not possible for many radio frequencies.

Howard, KC9QBN
BASE_DePauw

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 9:42 AM stan siems <ssiems@...> wrote:

what is EBBE flight?

On 3/20/2020 10:58 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I don't have a lot of help here, so I may want to travel and launch with a group. That all depends of course how the situation looks this summer.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020, 2:42 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
I propose, everyone we have the virtual meeting online using one of the many programs that do that sort of thing.

The when it comes to launch day we all launch from our usual launch sites.

I'd still love do do our EBBE flight, but have yet to find a willing partner group to try it.

Joe WB9SBD
Near Space Sciences

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/20/2020 10:58 AM, Keith Kaiser, WA0̷TJT wrote:
HamSCI is in the middle of a Zoom workshop right now. Its working great and I think we should make GPSL 2020 a virtual set of presentations with a coordinated launch on Saturday.

Keith, WA0̷TJT