Re: COVID-19 and GPSL

Bill Brown

I just proposed that same concept to the Dayton Hamvention folks. If it comes to that, we can use Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams or any other teleconferencing software to accomplish that. We could even do balloons launches at the same time but at our own locations and link the launch videos by a single site...Facebook Live?

From: Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...>
To: GPSL <GPSL@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm
Subject: Re: [GPSL] COVID-19 and GPSL

Should we be somewhat limited in being able to have in-person attendance in July, I'd like to float (pun intended) the idea of a virtual GPSL, with online live presentations on Friday and a simultaneous launch on Saturday (each site's wx permitting).

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:19 PM Mark Conner <mconner1@...> wrote:
I've had a couple of emails asking about GPSL 2020 in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.

So far, there is nothing that would prevent us from going forward.  However, I have indirectly heard that the University of Nebraska system is doing some (contingency?) planning for teaching summer classes online only.  Our Friday session is planned to be at Nebraska's Omaha campus - if that is closed, we'd have to relocate.

Of course, at this date, it's hard to say whether various travel and gathering restrictions will be lifted in the next four months - I'm sure we all hope so.

I'm not sure how far in advance attendees will have to make commitments that will be hard to get out of.  I assume we'd have to fish or cut bait by around June 1st.  If your group would need an earlier decision, let me know.