Re: COVID-19 and GPSL

BASE_DePauw

Mark,

June 1 will be fine for me.  I am still waiting to see if I am allowed to do any summer research with students.  I was hoping to have a multi-person team this year.

Howard

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:19 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
I've had a couple of emails asking about GPSL 2020 in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.

So far, there is nothing that would prevent us from going forward.  However, I have indirectly heard that the University of Nebraska system is doing some (contingency?) planning for teaching summer classes online only.  Our Friday session is planned to be at Nebraska's Omaha campus - if that is closed, we'd have to relocate.

Of course, at this date, it's hard to say whether various travel and gathering restrictions will be lifted in the next four months - I'm sure we all hope so.

I'm not sure how far in advance attendees will have to make commitments that will be hard to get out of.  I assume we'd have to fish or cut bait by around June 1st.  If your group would need an earlier decision, let me know.

Howard L. Brooks
Professor of Physics and Astronomy
241 Julian Science and Mathematics Center
DePauw University
2 E. Hanna Street
Greencastle, IN 46135
hlbrooks@...