Re: High altitude floater

BASE_DePauw

Stan,

Alan Adamson has had multiple long duration flights. I believe his e-mail is:   adamson_alan@...

Bill Brown wb8elk@... is experienced in all types of balloon flights including extended duration floaters

Ron Meadows K6RPT is someone who has flown extended flights and manufactured balloon envelopes.  See www.cnsp-inc.com

Howard,
KC9QBN,  BASE_DePauw

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:05 AM stan siems <ssiems@...> wrote:
I am working on launching several long term floaters with hopefully multiple passes around the earth I have several persons saying this has been done with up to 7 passes although I have not found data to support this. If any one would have information on any of these flights I would appreciate receiving the information on those flights. I will be using a APRS LIGHT W  tracker with  a usb battery and solar panel to charge it on the first flight with the possibility of adding a cross band repeater Later if I can prove  that we can keep them up for sufficient period of time. The electronics is the easy part the Balloon is the difficult part. I am looking at making my own balloon using stratofilm 430 ,If any one has done this I would appreciate any information they have and what there experience was. I would also appreciate any anyone offering information on a project of this type.
Thanks Stan Siems WB0EMJ

--
Howard L. Brooks
Professor of Physics and Astronomy
241 Julian Science and Mathematics Center
DePauw University
2 E. Hanna Street
Greencastle, IN 46135
hlbrooks@...
Office: (765) 658-4653
FAX: (765) 658-4732

Join GPSL@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.