Re: FW: Air Force Pilot Sends Ring to Space in Epic Marriage Proposal

James Ewen VE6SRV

Chicken!

We sent up the real ring and retrieved it.

I haven’t asked how much the ring was worth. There was enough pressure just making sure we retrieved the payload.

I blew out a calf muscle walking in to the field to retrieve the payload. Just about needed to have the ring owner come out and carry me back to my truck!

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:10 AM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/02/12/air-force-pilot-sends-ring-space-epic-marriage-proposal.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22FtHdVJ7hE

Near space, actually - it was a weather balloon flight from Missouri I
believe.  Launched by a B-2 pilot assigned to Whiteman AFB.

James
VE6SRV