Re: University Project Teams using Balloons?

BASE_DePauw

Mike,

Here are a few possible matches:

Iowa State:  https://m2i.aere.iastate.edu/habet/  (Matthew Nelson is a good connection to the Stratospheric Ballooning Association, which could yield more schools, see:  https://www.stratoballooning.org/  or  https://www.facebook.com/stratoballooning/ )

University of Southern Indiana:  http://usinearspace.com/

Metropolitan Community College Omaha Nebraska might have some interest:  http://nearspacescience.com/

Howard, KC9QBN
BASE_DePauw

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:20 AM Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:
Hey Gang,

So a colleague here at Cornell is entering his PHD program in
Atmospheric Sciences, and is quite interested in balloons.  He may well
do a thesis using superpressure balloons.  Anyway, he is also working
with his professor, and interested in kicking off a student project team
to do HAB related projects.  At Cornell, we have a TON of project teams
that compete with other universities.  We have autonomous vehicles,
drones, submarines, rocket teams, just to name a few engineering related
ones.  Anyway, it looks like he may create a "Balloon Team".  The
problem is, we're not aware of any other Universities doing a similar
thing.  Does anyone know of other schools doing such stuff?  Competition
leads to innovation!!!!  :-)

Mike / KD2EAT
Advisor, Amateur Radio Club at Cornell

--