University Project Teams using Balloons?

Michael Hojnowski

Hey Gang,

So a colleague here at Cornell is entering his PHD program in Atmospheric Sciences, and is quite interested in balloons.  He may well do a thesis using superpressure balloons.  Anyway, he is also working with his professor, and interested in kicking off a student project team to do HAB related projects.  At Cornell, we have a TON of project teams that compete with other universities.  We have autonomous vehicles, drones, submarines, rocket teams, just to name a few engineering related ones.  Anyway, it looks like he may create a "Balloon Team".  The problem is, we're not aware of any other Universities doing a similar thing.  Does anyone know of other schools doing such stuff?  Competition leads to innovation!!!!  :-)

Mike / KD2EAT
Advisor, Amateur Radio Club at Cornell