Re: GPSL 2020 dates

Mark Conner N9XTN

Thanks everyone for the feedback provided so far.  It appears either weekend will work for the UNO venue.  If we do it in July, we will be concurrent with a K-12 HAB forum UNO is planning, but that will not interfere with us - they can support both.

If you are considering attending GPSL 2020 but have not expressed a preference, please let me know either on or off-list.  Also let me know if that if you do have a preference, whether you can or can't come on the alternate date.  Most of you who have sent preferences have done this, and I'll follow up if you didn't.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 1:16 PM Mark Conner <mconner1@...> wrote:
Zack W0ZC reminded me that the June 25-27 date is also Field Day weekend, so please consider that in your planning.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:27 AM Mark Conner <mconner1@...> wrote:
Prospective GPSL 2020 attendees,

I'm starting to contact local venue providers on a GPSL 2020 location.  I have received a favorable response from University of Nebraska-Omaha and we may be able to use one of their auditoriums for the Friday sessions.  This would be the same location as the 2005 GPSL sessions for those of you who attended that year.

As mentioned previously, the usual Fathers' Day weekend date is not feasible for the Omaha area due to the College World Series.  The two alternatives that would work best are:
  • June 25-27, 2020
  • July 9-11, 2020
If your group has a strong preference for one of those dates, let me know either on or off-list by Friday, August 16th.  I would like to set a date with UNO before the end of the month so that we get the auditorium reserved.