Re: GPSL 2020 dates

Mark Conner N9XTN

We could do some PR in the region for FD hams to make some "fun" contacts via any crossband or simplex repeaters being flown while they are setting up.  I have doubts that the ARRL would be interested in any formal FD rules modifications for our event, but I suppose it's possible.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:
Unless we do a launch later in the day, or defer to Sunday, the payloads will be back on the ground by the time FD officially starts.   I do like the idea of an x-band repeater or something to give folks a chance to make some VHF/UHF contacts, just for giggles.  That said, it would probably get swamped to the point of unusability for the duration of the flight anyway.

In general, "shorter corn" is a good motivator for me.  I don't really participate in Field Day anyway.

Mike / KD2EAT

On 8/8/2019 11:29 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I'm thinking the promotional aspect would be great also. I would love to see FD points awarded for contacts.

So far it doesn't seem that holding on FD would lower attendance?

Of course, this could be a trial to see what would happen when GPSL is held on FD.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019, 9:15 AM Derek Sigler via Groups.Io <dereksigler=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
I get that.  But you can't really get a better promotion for field day than what we do.  Might be a great opportunity for GPSL.

On Thursday, August 8, 2019, 08:33:13 AM CDT, Keith Kaiser, WA0̷TJT <wa0tjt@...> wrote:

Field Day is NOT a good choice for GPSL!

Please, please, please NOT, NOT NOT Field Day.

Keith, WA0̷TJT