Re: GPSL 2020 dates

Bill Brown

Either date works for me. If Field Day weekend is chosen maybe we can get a special FD credit arranged for FD balloon contacts through crossband or simplex repeaters or copying a special CW or digital message sent from a balloon.

-Bill WB8ELK

On Aug 6, 2019, at 10:27 AM, Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:

Prospective GPSL 2020 attendees,

I'm starting to contact local venue providers on a GPSL 2020 location.  I have received a favorable response from University of Nebraska-Omaha and we may be able to use one of their auditoriums for the Friday sessions.  This would be the same location as the 2005 GPSL sessions for those of you who attended that year.

As mentioned previously, the usual Fathers' Day weekend date is not feasible for the Omaha area due to the College World Series.  The two alternatives that would work best are:
  • June 25-27, 2020
  • July 9-11, 2020
If your group has a strong preference for one of those dates, let me know either on or off-list by Friday, August 16th.  I would like to set a date with UNO before the end of the month so that we get the auditorium reserved.