Re: TrackSoar

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I'll try testing that. My D72 doesn't even break squelch, so I was thinking the TrackSoar wasn't even trying to transmit.

I had one suggestion to remove the comment statements and then look at debug statements. That means learning more about C for the Arduino. I can at least edit a sketch and upload it. Today I guess I'm going to learn more.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 9:41 AM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
I have an older Kenwood TH-D7A that has trouble decoding packets that have a short TXD, especially when the squelch is turned on.  I don't know if the D72 has the same issues.  You can try running your D72 with open squelch and see if that helps.  If not, can the TXD for the TrackSoar be increased?

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 7:38 PM L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
I'm testing a TrackSoar APRS tracker before near space season begins in earnest. If you haven't seen one of these, it's a small board with GPS, GPS antenna, transmitter, Arduino, and two meter antenna. It runs from 2 'AA'  cells. You program it's Audrino with your callsign and it's ready to go.

Anyhow, I wonder if anyone is using one as I'm having a problem with mine. I see that it has a GPS lock (the GPS LED illuminates once per second) and that it's trying to transmit ( the PTT LED illuminates for 30 seconds on and off). However, my Kenwood D72 doesn't hear anything. My D72 does decode packets from my other trackers, including a Strato Track.

So if you have any experience with the TrackSoar, could you let me know?

Thanks