Re: Frequency selection for airborne crossband repeaters

Bill Brown

I typically use 446.025 and 144.340. Both are simplex. For a simplex repeater i use 144.340.
-Bill WB8ELK

On Feb 27, 2019, at 8:39 AM, Michael Hojnowski <kd2eat@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I'm intending to fly a cross-band repeater with a HAB in April. It occurs to me that I don't have a good idea of how to select frequencies. Should I be using one from the repeater input range on one band, and output on another? Should I be selecting simplex frequencies for this short term use? Should I attempt any kind of coordination with our regional frequency coordination groups?

What have people done?

Thanks for any advice,
Mike / KD2EAT