Re: Barometric pressure sensor for HABs?

Hank Riley

Yes, the first step is at 36K as mentioned in my first post.  The next two are at 65.6 Kfeet and 105 Kfeet.

So up to 105 Kfeet there are three regimes of the Standard Atmosphere:  0 - 36, 36 - 65.6, and 65.6 - 105.

I believe adequate accuracy can be achieved by a single formula fitted to that entire range 0 - 105.

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 7:36:29 AM EDT, Mark Patton <kc0d@...> wrote:

There is one equation for calculating altitude at launch, and another for high altitudes.  I don't recall what the second equation is or what altitude it kicks in at off the top of my head.  I think it is around 36K feet..