Re: 360 Balloon Launch

David Stillman KI6YMZ

I flew a GoPro Fusion on Saturday and have about 150GB of footage... it certainly is a lot to process :) I'll see if I can cut it down and get something online soon.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, at 20:35, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
The problem I foresee is having a PC powerful enough to stitch the video in a reasonable amount of time.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 8:29 PM Bruce Coates <bruce.coates@...> wrote:
Great stuff.  I'll be watching.

Weather (and forest fire smoke) permitting we're going to fly SABRE-27 next weekend.  Nothing special.  Just a traditional camera payload.

On 2018-08-16 8:11 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I will fly one soon, but it may be a huge file when done.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018, 7:16 PM Bruce Coates <bruce.coates@...> wrote:
Hi Paul

You had me all worked up for a minute thinking you had flown a 360 degree camera.

Very interesting though.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC

On 2018-08-15 10:30 AM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH wrote:
I posted a short 360 video I recorded of the balloon launches at the Nebraska Star Party.

I shared a balloon with NSTAR and the second balloon was launched by the Nebraska Space Grant.

The video is located at, https://youtu.be/--p-FAzLLmo

--

Dr. L. Paul Verhage
Near Space Evangelist