Re: Collision video

Mark Conner N9XTN

I think it's more startling that we filled two separate balloons with very different weights (ours was ~2 lbs, theirs was at least 5) and managed to hit almost exactly the same ascent rate, drift some distance apart, then come back together.

I'd bet this couldn't be done intentionally, other than having them bump together within seconds after launch (which ours almost did).  Having it happen >10 minutes afterwards?  The odds have to be astronomical.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 11:48 AM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:
Isn't that incredibly interesting.

Has anyone have any idea why the two balloons would be moving so differently in the same air mass?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com