Foreground promo objects in view of the camera

Zack Clobes W0ZC

For those of you who have flown promotional items in the foreground of your cameras, do you have any tips or suggestions?  I have a cut-out cardboard figure to fly into space, and am just wondering what issues might arise from the camera, how far out people are mounting their promotionals, and what mechanisms people are using to hold them?

My camera is a Canon A570IS with the CHDK, taking stills.

Again, my flyboy is going to be a cardboard cut out roughly 6cm tall, although I could scale him down.

image.png

Zack Clobes, W0ZC
Project: Traveler
www.projecttraveler.org

Join us on Facebook for the latest information:

Project: Traveler is a research project of Custom Digital Services, LLC.