Re: Recoveries

Mark Conner N9XTN

I see some what I think are EOSS vehicles headed back towards Boise on Hwy 21.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 8:24 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
Glad to hear most of them are safely recovered.  Anything from EOSS?  I saw a few vehicles that seemed to be heading that direction.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 7:50 PM L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
The second launch site launched 5 balloons and three of them have been recovered.

The first one broke loose of the parachute and took off without the tracker so we're writing that flight off.

The last one landed nearing major road south of Boise and it appears to have been picked up by a stranger. This flight reach the 124700 feet and landed far west of the rest of the balloons. However, we were recovering the other balloons first and this one was out in the desert near. major road for several hours before we got there. We have a good bead on its landing site and search the area thoroughly. Since there's no balloon to be found I am assuming that a stranger picked it up.