Re: GPSL Online

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

The conference room has a wireless mic. Anything specific you need me to find out?

Thanks

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018, 9:05 PM Michael West W5MAW <groups.io@...> wrote:
Hey Paul,

I'll provide a computer, webcam, and run the stream. YouTube will record it and I'll publish it after.

Let me know any information you know about the audio setup at the location.

--
Michael West W5MAW

From: L. Paul Verhage KD4STH
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [GPSL] GPSL Online
Yes please, can someone please take up this issue? I meant to ask about that and have managed to forget. Thanks

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018, 12:05 PM Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
Is anyone going to take a whack at livestreaming?  I imagine Paul may be hard pressed to do this and play master of ceremonies the same day.  Anyone else with a YouTube channel could do it, but it should probably be publicized ahead of time so those not onsite know where to look.  You will need to go through an account verification and desktop setup process if you haven't done it already - see https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en.

Even a laptop with the camera pointed at the screen would be better than going dark for the day.  If it can't be done live, the next best is to have someone record it and upload the video after.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 2:32 PM Zack Clobes W0ZC <zclobes@...> wrote:
I think YouTube would be a good solution, although like Mark, I've never tried it myself.

Audio and the Slide Deck are often the limiting factors when doing live stuff like this.  It almost takes a full time person and a sound board to make this happen.

Zack

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
You may be able to do this via Periscope on Twitter (which is what I did yesterday), and YouTube has a "live" function (which I've never explored).

Video quality may be limited by connection speed.  Mine were pretty blocky even with 4G coverage, certainly worse than what you'd record to SD card.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 10:33 PM, L. Paul Verhage KD4STH <nearsys@...> wrote:
Does anyone have a way to put the presentations online live? I don't know what I can do from NNU yet.

Thanks