Re: Balloon Suppliers

Derek Sigler

My group usually orders 1200g balloons from Kaymont Consolidated .  Price is reasonable and he went out of his way to help us once on a tight shipping schedule and snafu.  So we're going to stick with them.  Ships out of Florida.

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 11:02:20 PM CDT, Jason Unwin via Groups.Io <generalripper_1999@...> wrote:

Jason

On ‎Tuesday‎, ‎June‎ ‎5‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎59‎:‎28‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CDT, Jayant Murthy via Groups.Io <jmurthy@...> wrote:

We get all our balloons from Pawan Rubber (http://www.pawanrubber.com/) and have had good success up to about 32 km (routinely 28+ km). The cost is about $50 per 2 kg balloon.

Jayant

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 7:55:42 AM GMT+5:30, Jason Unwin via Groups.Io <generalripper_1999@...> wrote:

Group 1 of the Oklahoma Wing CAP is trying to organize a test flight of a HAB with the goal of expanding and doing more flights for squadrons in the wing and schools in Oklahoma. Who is a good supplier of high altitude balloons that is reliable and relatively inexpensive? It seems to be kind of "hit or miss" on Ebay or Amazon. The goal is to have at least one test flight done by the end of summer.

Sincerely,

--

Major Jason B. Unwin, CAP
Muskogee Composite Squadron, Professional Development Officer