Re: Regulator for hydrogen

Mark Conner N9XTN

John,

You will need a CGA-350 to CGA-580 Cylinder to Regulator Adaptor in order to make the connection.  Hydrogen cylinders are CGA-350.  Also, they are reverse threaded so make sure you turn them the right direction when connecting them to the cylinder.  They are typically around $30.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM, John Kovac KM6GKF <jkovac@...> wrote:
I thought I saw a posting about this previously, but I can't find it now.  Will be using hydrogen for the first time in June.  We have used helium previously, and we have the "Weather Balloon Inflator"  from High Altitude Science -   https://www.highaltitudescience.com/products/3-cm-max-safe-inflator

It just threads right into a helium tank.

Will we need anything different or additional to use hydrogen at GPSL?

Thanks in advance.

John Kovac