Re: Looking for camera replacement (was Base 106)

Mark Conner N9XTN

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Mark Conner N9XTN <mconner1@...> wrote:
The weird thing is that there was no model number to be found.  It is apparently a common camera put into a variety of retail packaging.  I purchased mine for about $40 at Menards.  It's capable of 1080p recording.  There was a cheaper one at Menards later on for about $18 that was 720p.

So far I have used it only in upward-facing cameras in an attempt to get video of the balloon burst, but the battery life is about 90 minutes and it has run out just before burst on both flights so far.  I plan to have it connected to a Li-ion power pack for the next flight.

A sample video is here:  https://youtu.be/xEwTDa5o_8E  Play it back at 1080p for best quality.  It's not the best video for judging how well it does, but if you want to fly something closer to "expendable" this might be a choice for you, rather than a $200+ GoPro (or even a $109 Git2).

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Hank Riley via Groups.Io <n1ltv@...> wrote:
Mark,

Model numbers and approximate prices for the clones you've tried, please.  Examples of video or pictures taken available somewhere?

I've downloaded what is called the Git2 manual (pretty lame -- no specs) for the Git2 and the range of intervals is shown for still photos as 5 to 60 seconds.

This manual is only 1.8 Megs, so I'll attach it here.

Hank

I have a couple of really cheap GoClones that I've used - video quality is decent, but not as good as a GoPro.

I'm also looking for something that will take still shots at intervals too, and the Git2 might fit that bill.