Re: Helium Supply

Bill Brown

As an addendum. Yes Joe I have indeed found some Mom and Pop welding supply shops that sell hydrogen cheaper than Airgas and their tank rental fees are often less too. Some will even deliver to my farmhouse while Airgas refuses to deliver hydrogen to a private residential address. Some of them will actually give you the hydrogen free and waive the rental fees if you tell them about your activity and they agree to be a sponsor. They can't buy advertising like that any cheaper :-)

From: John Kovac KM6GKF <jkovac@...>
To: GPSL <GPSL@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 17, 2018 5:50 pm
Subject: Re: [GPSL] Helium Supply

Hi Mike,

We did a flight on 4/1 and I got a 150 Helium cylinder from Airgas in San Jose CA with no issues.

On Apr 17, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:

For those using He, wondering if you have heard on any sales restrictions to private customers?  Our supplier, AirGas, told me today that they can’t sell to any private users, commercial customers are on 80% allocation and only hospitals/medical are allocated at 100%.  These restrictions have been in place for about 4 weeks.
Just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.
thanks,
mike. PENS.
Pella, IA