Re: Helium Supply

Joe WB9SBD

Screw Airgas them High priced bags of air!

I went to them ONCE and never ever went back.

Look in the rural, farming, community, local ma & pa hardware stores that sell welding supplies.

I get my H2 from a small engine repair shop that fixes like lawn mowers, roto tillers, etc.

Less than 1/2 the cost as "AirGas" that is 2 miles away.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 4/17/2018 4:56 PM, Dennis Klipa - N8ERF wrote:
My local Airgas won't sell it to me as an individual, despite years of experience handling it for my job.

Next closest supplier is 40 miles away and not sure if they will sell it.  Then I have to sell the idea to the school.  Ugh!

Best Regards,
Dennis, N8ERF

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 5:35 PM Pete Lilja <plilja@...> wrote:
Can’t buy hydrogen?  Why is that?

Pete
KC0GPB

On Apr 17, 2018, at 4:26 PM, Dennis Klipa - N8ERF <klipadk@...> wrote:

That is going to hurt.  We are three weeks away from a launch.  Can't buy helium, can't buy hydrogen.  Hmmm.  Looks like its time to find a new activity.

Well, I am not ready to give up yet.

Best Regards,
Dennis, N8ERF

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 5:18 PM Mike, n0mpm <morgamp52@...> wrote:
For those using He, wondering if you have heard on any sales restrictions to private customers?  Our supplier, AirGas, told me today that they can’t sell to any private users, commercial customers are on 80% allocation and only hospitals/medical are allocated at 100%.  These restrictions have been in place for about 4 weeks.
Just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.
thanks,
mike. PENS.
Pella, IA