Analyzing Images

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

This summer I am working at Northwest Nazarene University where they are researching drone use in agriculture. Specifically using drones and robots to collect images from fruit orchards. The software I'm learning to use to make sense of the images is Matlab, a matrix math program.

Yesterday I took one of the images from the thermal imager and ran it through a Matlab script I wrote. I've attached the original image and the final one. If you would like to learn how I did this and how you should be able to do the same with the freeware version of Matlab called Octave, check out my blog, NearSys.blogspot.com. I will make regular updates there about my progress.

So the diagonal streak is the cord to Jim Emmert's audio beacon.