GPSL Pico Balloon Race still flying

Bill Brown

All three pico balloons are still flying after four days aloft and a long trip across KS, OK, TX and Mexico. Bev WB4ELK-4 and Mike KD2EAT-13 are flying in formation southwest of San Diego today. My Dad's balloon (WB8MSJ-1) has taken a big turn north and is over southern Utah. All three might have a chance of returning to the launchsite in Kansas.

We really enjoyed GPSL, the conference was wonderful, the food was fantastic and the launch and chase was great fun except for the $213 travel pass fee through the town of Burrton :-( . It was great seeing everyone and we look forward to next year's event.

- Bill WB8ELK and Bev WB4ELK