Another Thursday Prediction

Jerry

All,

Zack asked to see another prediction with some higher burst but slower ascent rates.

You can see a bigger copy of this here: High & Slow

This is using the 1200Z forecast so the path is slightly farther to the south.  That should keep us out of Newton a little better.

I used 120K for the top burst and 450FPM up and down.  If someone has the misfortune of bursting at 60K with the slow ascent they will be driving almost 100 miles to recover.

Of course all of these are to give you a window.  I always recommend you run your own prediction with your expected corner cases.

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com