Balloon to Balloon Cross Band Repeater

AE5IB (Kip)

A number of us in Texas will not make it this year. :(

But we would like to participate. We are wondering if anyone would be interested in a balloon-to-balloon relay/crossband repeater?

The idea is to launch a balloon in Texas at the same time as one at GPSL. And both have equipment to transmit and relay messages between them.

The details are fuzzy at the moment, but we can work it out.

I know our 1W balloon APRS packets have been picked up by stations in Kansas City, according to aprs.fi so it might be fun to see if we can relay voice through two balloons.

Anyone up for it?

Kip

AE5IB