Here are the predictions from yesterday's flight and the actual flight path.

Running predictions is one of the funniest parts. I like seeing the possibilities.

Jim

On Mar 26, 2017, at 5:42 PM, Jerry Gable jerrygable@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

I like the multiple runs.  It would be nice to see the parameters for each run so you could get a feel for the causes of the long and short flights.

Jerry Gable
Balloon Flight Prediction tools
http://www.s3research.com

From: "'L. Paul Verhage' nearsys@... [GPSL]" <GPSL-noreply@...>
To: GPSL@...
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2017 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [GPSL] another online prediction tool

This is much quicker than running several predictions with various input parameters. I think this form of modeling a landing zone can be called the Monte Carlo method.
On Mar 26, 2017 10:42 AM, "Mark Conner mconner1@... [GPSL]" <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

This one is interesting in that it will run numerous predictions with variations in the launch parameters and return a heat map showing the likely landing zone.  I did one for our NSTAR 17-A launch from Lincoln scheduled for next Saturday.

Around 50 simulations seems to be enough to generate a reasonable map.  I tried 50 and 150 for this flight and the heat map did not change very much.