Re: another online prediction tool [1 Attachment]

Jim Reed

That is very cool. Wished I would have had that model yesterday. Look forward to messing around with it. Thanks!!

On Mar 26, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Joe nss@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

That's Pretty cool Mark!

I wonder where it gets it's winds aloft data from?

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 3/26/2017 11:34 AM, Mark Conner mconner1@... [GPSL] wrote:

This one is interesting in that it will run numerous predictions with variations in the launch parameters and return a heat map showing the likely landing zone.  I did one for our NSTAR 17-A launch from Lincoln scheduled for next Saturday.

Around 50 simulations seems to be enough to generate a reasonable map.  I tried 50 and 150 for this flight and the heat map did not change very much.