Re: Medium ish H2 setup Q's

Steve Aerospace

I wondered what the thinking was behind a flashback suppressor being needed?  There should be no sources of ignition - or if you have you have probably got bigger problems with the inflated hydrogen balloon.

The gas “expert” behind the counter of my local BOC (major UK gas and accessory supplier) outlet said there was only need for a flashback arrester where two gases were being mixed e.g. an oxy-acetylene cutter - where the oxidiser might get down the fuel tube.

Regards

Steve G8KHW/AJ4XE

On 23 May 2016, at 21:59, Alan Adamson akadamson@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

I'm trying to put together a medium sized H2 setup. One where I can
fill pico's and up to Medium sized Latex balloons (most of my focus will
be on plastic ones however).

I think I've found an appropriate regulator -
http://www.amazon.com/Uniweld-RHT8017-Medium-Hydrogen-Regulator/dp/B00F9ZPK60/ref=sr_1_3?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1464036833&sr=8-3&keywords=hydrogen+regulator&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

But I'm trying to think through hoses, etc.

Most of the H2 regulators have the "B" type fitting on them, a 9/16 LH
thread. So what are you guys doing to hose assemblies?

Fundamentally, I'll need a flashback suppressor, and fittings to go down
to push to connect type fittings for an AliCat that I have. I'll need a
needle valve and some shutoff valves.

Just curious what other are doing/using with an H2 setup?

Thanks in advance,
Alan