Forecast update, 3 Jul

Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>

The two model solutions (Eta and AVN) are coming closer together,
and are showing less risk of getting close to Junction City.

AVN - 95kft burst = 323 deg at 10 miles
AVN - 75kft burst = 020 deg at 10 miles
Eta - 95 kft burst = 325 deg at 15 miles
Eta - 75kft burst = 005 deg at 13 miles

All are favorable landing sites.

Weather for Saturday looks decent but hot. Temps at sunrise will
be in the low 70s, and probably will reach the low 90s by
afternoon. Dew points will be in the 60s, making it humid.
While we shouldn't have the x-country hikes our Western brethern
do, bringing some drinks is still recommended. Skies should be
relatively clear at the start of the day, but cumulus clouds
should form after mid-morning.

The Herington repeater is down for maintenance at the moment,
however, the owner (WV0S) expects to have it back on the air
Thursday or Friday. I'll get an update when it's back on line.

Is there anyone who can bring a video camera to tape the
symposium and launch?

Graphics will be posted soon to
http://members.cox.net/n9xtn/gpsl-2002-forecast.gif. SA9 file at
http://members.cox.net/n9xtn/gpsl-2002-forecast.sa9 .