WB8ELK pico balloon now flying from Bowling Green KY

Bill Brown

Launched from Bowling Green, KY about 2.5 hours ago. 36" mylar party balloon with my new mini-APRS tracker on it.

WB8ELK-2    on APRS.FI website.

It transmits on 144.39 and the next transmission is on 144.340 MHz and alternates back and forth. Once a minute on any of those two frequencies.

The battery will likely die out at sunset but hopefully it will come back in the morning when it warms up.

I'm only flying a LiPo so it won't be a long flight.

Still slowly ascending at 22,000 feet now approaching Nashville, TN and heading due south towards Alabama.