Re: Experiment Ideas

L. Paul Verhage KD4STH

I watched videos of the drop and then one case, the glider was recovered just underneath where released.

Paul Verhage
PhD
Near Space Evangelist
Onwards and Upwards

On Oct 6, 2014 5:44 PM, "Mike Manes" <mrmanes@...> wrote:
Sure. Note carefully the caveat re being properly trimmed prior to
flight, however.  And aerodynamics get squirrely way up there.
How did you track your glider and was it damaged on recovery?
73 de Mike W5VSI

On 10/6/14 17:18, 'L. Paul Verhage' nearsys@... [GPSL] wrote:
Does this happen for aircraft naturally? I'm wondering if it will work
for gliders in a passive flight mode. Several of my glider tests did not
work out well. One that was released at 50,000 feet didn't even fly a
mile as best as I can tell.

Paul Verhage
PhD
Near Space Evangelist