Re: Changed the subject back to APRS :)

Mark Conner N9XTN

That is so slick I just can't stand it.......awesome forward thinking.

73 de Mark N9XTN

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Anthony Stirk upuaut@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

Hi James,

Yes you got it. The payload stores the last 5 days (I think) of positions every 2 hours then transmits them back in the comments field of APRS at a later date in a cycle. This log is then played back into the tracker so we get an idea where its been even if its out of contact for a few days. The straight line over Russia is where it was missing for over 5 days so data was lost.

Note the loops over Siberia.

Cheers,

Anthony M0UPU

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:31 PM, James Ewen ve6srv@... [GPSL] <GPSL-noreply@...> wrote:

Anthony,

Do you have any insight into the different receivers being listed at
spacenear.us?

We saw M0XER-3 pass over Alaska yesterday via APRS, and then go dark
until being picked up again off the coast of Washington this morning.

When looking at the spacenear.us tracking page We can see the full
track from Siberia through to current.

In areas where APRS wasn't present, the data points are further apart,
and the site reports the location receiver as LOG.

Does the payload store tracking data while in flight, and download the
stored information somehow to the network, and into spacenear.us?

--
James
VE6SRV