Mark Conner <n9xtn@...>
Just wanted to say hi to every and start the list discussion.
First thing we should get a handle on is what sort of payloads
are available that people want to fly. I'll start off.........
NSTAR can fly a combination of the following:
1) Primary APRS: 2m only, VFO, time slot capable
2) Backup APRS: 2m or 70cm, VFO, time slot capable
3) Simplex repeater: 2m or 70cm, VFO
4) Cross-band repeater (W0RPK's): 70cm up/2m down or vice versa,
VFO, APRS MIM on downlink, data not slotted
5) Camcorder: VHS-C, 2 hour of video, manually started before
6) Still camera (maybe, awaiting time to modify and test)
My preference is to fly 1, 2, and 5. I think 1, 4, and 5 is too
much weight, but I'll figure that out soon. If someone else
flies a camcorder, I could do 1 and 4. 6 will fly with 1 if it's
If the others can chime in here, we'll get on our way.
73 de Mark N9XTN
Mark D. Conner
"Arrogance and stupidity, all in the same package.....how
efficient of you!" - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Babylon 5