Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society (GARS) - Volunteer Examiner Team GARS-VE-Team@groups.io
We are located in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Our Volunteer Examiner (VE) Team conducts Amateur Radio testing for all classes of Amateur Radio licenses prepared by the W5YI-VEC group.
GARS-VE-TEAM Exam Schedule
Second Sunday of each month starting promptly at 2:00pm. Doors open at 1:45pm.
EAA 690 Hangar
Gwinnett County Airport – Briscoe Field
690 Airport Rd
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
*** If you live in North Carolina or South Carolina and haven't found an exam session closer to home, please check out www.w4vec.org too.
- Exam Fee: $14.00 (CASH ONLY)
WHAT TO BRING:
- A Government Issued Photo ID (Driver's license, Passport, etc.)
- An FRN (see note below)
- Minors without a Photo ID must bring their Social Security Card and Birth Certificate
- Face Mask - Preferred (but not mandatory)
- Original Amateur license and 2 copies – if any
- Original CSCE for outstanding license upgrade and 2 copies – if any
- Pen and Pencil with an eraser
- A simple calculator (memory must be cleared) - CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Exam fee is currently $14.00 – CASH ONLY – CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Walk-ins are welcome, no pre-registration required
- Face Masks: Preferred (but not mandatory)
- Temperature Checks: If you don’t feel well, please be respectful of our volunteers and stay home.
*** Volunteer examiners are under no obligation to test anyone should they desire not to for any reason.
Take Practice Exams:
Get an FRN:
Additional Exam Sessions:
Additional New Ham Info:
- 42 Members
- 1,373 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.