Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society - Volunteer Examiner Team GARS-VE-Team@groups.io
The Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society (GARS) resides in Gwinnett County, Georgia. Our Volunteer Examiner (VE) Team conducts Amateur Radio testing for all classes of Amateur Radio licenses prepared by the W5YI-VEC group.
GARS-VE-TEAM Exam Schedule - Second Sunday Every Month:
2nd Sunday of each month starting at 2:00pm.
(Click here for a full listing of dates)
Gwinnett County Fire Station #24
2735 Mall of Georgia Blvd
Buford, GA 30519
- Exam Fee: $14.00 (CASH ONLY)
WHAT TO BRING:
- A Government Issued Photo ID (Driver's license, Passport, etc.)
- Social Security Card (if unlicensed), unless you already have an FRN
- Minors without a Photo ID must bring their Social Security Card and Birth Certificate
- Original Amateur license and 2 copies – if any
- Original CSCE for outstanding license upgrade and 2 copies – if any
- Pen and Pencil with an eraser
- Calculator (Memory must be cleared) - CELL PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Exam fee is currently $14.00 – CASH ONLY – CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
- Walk-ins are welcome, no pre-registration required
Take Practice Exams:
Get an FRN:
Additional Exam Sessions:
Additional New Ham Info:
If you have questions regarding an upcoming exam session, feel free to email "exams" at "gars" dot "org".
- 45 Members
- 1,298 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.