From: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@...>
To: rttydigital <rttydigital@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Apr 13, 2019 11:27 pm
Subject: Re: [RttyDigital] Why are we contesting on normal FT8 frequencies?

No one is saying that FT8 RU or RTTY RU rules should be followed. What we are saying is that the European FT8 contest sponsors did not include recommended frequencies. Therefore we have people operating a contest on standard FT8 frequencies.

This is a problem because you have two sets of operators sending different exchanges.

There is a precedent for frequencies used for FT8 contesting set by both the FT8 RU and RTTY RU that could have and probably should have been followed by contesters to stay away from standard FT8 frequencies. But it's too late now and it will be OK as the contest will be over in about 12 hours and all will be back to normal.

Don AA5AU